Tuesday, March 11, 2008

bespoke shoe box

Design is my life. My family works in the interior design business. I grew up breathing furniture (literally), doodling on old faxes as I hung out in their furniture stores. Doodling and drawings led me to pursue a career in design. Working in this field for a few years now, I've learned to take criticism openly and be equally candid about what I think about other people's work.

In January this year, I decided to take the plunge and purchased my first apartment in Hong Kong. My father chuckles every time I bring it up in conversation. To him, the space is too small (442 sq. feet) to do anything with it. He calls it a shoebox. But I am determined to craft this shoebox of mine, a space that fits my taste and lifestyle – just like a bespoke suit.

Join me as I document my progress, along with other design-related things I see daily :)

No comments: