Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The fugly closet.

I hate this closet. This meleage of vaneered chipboard, glass and aluminum strips really stand as a class of its own:

The thing is, I don't want to throw it out. Although I am not an environmentalist, it fits the space nicely. Sure there's a good 3" gap between the 2nd bay window and the closet, making it the perfect culprit for dust and lost earrings collection. But look, it reaches my 9' ceiling and I can put a (much-needed) ladder between that gap. The bonus is LIGHT-WEIGHT sliding doors and there is a lot of storage space. If I ask my family to build me a closet of the same dimensions, they will go ahead and make me something fancy schmancy in solid hard wood and If I begged hard enough, I can get pearl inlays, ladle work, you name it. It will weigh about 5 tonnes and I'd have to get someone else to remove this sucker before I get a new one.

I don't know what to do with it yet though, so I decided to try to knock all the gross brown crap out first on photoshop:


Thoughts?

1 comment:

Ah Fan said...

weird looking...
what about taking out the entire cover and use fabrics as curtain?